Grafton Ghost Town, UT

Grafton Ghost Town - Restored Building

Grafton Ghost Town - Restored Building

Grafton was first settled in 1859 one mile below its present town sight. In January of 1862 the town was completely washed away by a flood. The people rebuilt the town a mile further up stream at its present sight. By 1864 about 28 families lived here. There were many log houses, a post office, church, school and community hall. The town was deserted in 1866 due to Indian attacks. The people moved back in 1868. By 1920 only 3 families still lived here. Grafton has had parts of several movies shot here. One movie that was partly shot here was Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.

Grafton Ghost Town

Grafton Ghost Town

Advertisements
Published in: on January 19, 2009 at 4:21 PM  Comments Off on Grafton Ghost Town, UT  
Tags: , , , , , , ,
%d bloggers like this: